This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GW2 Relics Forum Index -> Guild & Player Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elric-COTP
Covenant of the Phoenix

re: Covenant of the Phoenix

Forum Image

The Covenant of the Phoenix is a multi gaming community that has been around since 2000 with chapters in: AC-DT, SWG, CoV, Guild Wars, LotRO, EQ2, UO, PotBS, DDO, Vanguard, Age of Conan, WoW, DFO, EVE, Lord of Ultima, Runes of Magic, Rift, Xsyon, SwTor, World of Tanks and of course Guild Wars 2.

Let's face it, games come and go. When looking for a guild, you will want one that is willing to expand into other games and has a history of stable leadership. A guild can make or break a person's experience in a game. Different guilds for different folks. The trick is finding one that will become more like a family than a guild and will last throughout the years.

We are much more than just a guild, we are a family. The community is very active in the management of the guild and the website. All members are viewed as equals and are not considered just another number. Our members are very friendly and helpful both in the game and on the forums.

The guild was founded on the principles of loyalty, honor, and brotherhood and thrives because on-line adventure games are more fun in the company of kindred spirits. The guild's goal is to meet and keep gaming friends, and together, expand into other games as member interest dictates.

Our membership ranges in age from teens to the comfortably retired and geographically spans the globe (although most are adults residing in the North American continent). Most of us have jobs or college commitments and families, and therefore we support the premise that real-life has priority over game-life. So power gaming isn't required.

While we may be a multi gaming guild, we have always taken strides to maintain that close knit family oriented feeling that is often associated with smaller guilds.

Specifically for GW2 we will have a large number of new and old COTP members playing GW2. We are advertising at PvX as we have many players who are interested in PvE, PvP / WvW, or a combination of all aspects of the game. We debated back and forth about having two separate guilds in the game so we could spend influence points on one specific focus (i.e. having one "PvE guild" and one "PvP guild"), but ultimately we decided that we would be the most stable and progressive staying unified in one guild. Given that we have players from all over the world from varying time zones and interests, we choose to simply strive for being the best that we can be in every aspect of the game.

I encourage anyone that is looking to join a mature gaming community to visit our site, in any case, it doesn't hurt to look. So, please feel free to visit us at:

Forum Image
http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/

COTP Public GW2 Forum
COTP Guides for GW2

www.cotp.info
Elric-COTP
Covenant of the Phoenix

Here are some quotes from our members about their experiences with COTP thus far:

Kymerian:

Quote:
My experiences with COTP have always been one of a fairly tight knit family. Games have come and gone, chapters have come and gone, but you always have COTP there behind the scenes. COTP is about helping each other out, planning and carrying out large events, and generally just a great group of people with many interests (in and out of game) and abilities/talents.

Generally speaking, with our very large background of gaming, folks tend to have a pretty strong grasp of the general aspect of gaming. I find this tends to lead to a stronger organization, and a getter experience for all. I definitely don't mind helping folks along that are new to MMO gaming, but for general progression and advancement you either need a strong understanding of what is going on or be able to pick up on it fairly quickly and grow with the others.

Nanulak:

Quote:
The real reason I love COTP is that is a community, and that is important to me. No matter what game I chose to play I can find friends and the support of the community. Making any and all games that much more enjoyable.

How do I see COTP in PVP? We will actively participate to ensure our server wins. We will help people new to PVP so they get the full enjoyment from it and not the feeling of hindering our efforts.

Alycat:

Quote:
In GW2 I'm most looking forward to playing with friends and making new ones in a game that promotes positive social interaction and strives to avoid mechanics that undermine player relations. I stick with COTP because it's full of friendly, mature members and a positive leadership team that works hard to foster and maintain a strong sense of community within the games we play.

Before I joined COTP, I wish I had known how drama free guilds can be. The original Guild Wars was my escape from MMORPG politics so I held back on joining a guild for a long time. My reservations were totally unwarranted once I found COTP.

I envision COTP having a strong presence in PvE, WVW and PvP. We already have passionate and enthusiastic members and leaders taking initiative in all three areas. I think we have the capacity to support players looking for both casual involvement and more hardcore, organized play.

Vraith:

Quote:
I am looking forward to getting back into a good MMORPG and playing with people from COTP. What I see in COTP really comes down to the following: Family, Guild Size, and Diversity. With the large Chapters, you can almost always find someone on.

Leah:

Quote:
COTP is family, pure and simple. With each new game I look forward to meeting new members and seeing old friends once again. Most of my friends are here simply because I just had to share them with COTP and vice versa.

www.cotp.info
Elric-COTP
Covenant of the Phoenix

Apparently the quote tags are not working? ;) If one of the admins could help us out, could you please fix the post above? The access level here does not allow us to edit our own posts.

www.cotp.info
Ahmrill
Nordvegr

Fixed it up for you. I would suggest any guilds planning to play on Jade Quarry register at jadequarry.com

This site has served it purpose for polling and won't be moderated after GW2 goes live.
Elric-COTP
Covenant of the Phoenix

Thank you for your help Ahmrill. We are actually registered / recruiting on the Jade Quarry site already as well.

www.cotp.info
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GW2 Relics Forum Index -> Guild & Player Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: