This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GW2 Relics Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahmrill
Nordvegr

re: Joining Multiple Guilds

Our guild has discussed the multi-guild feature as well, we have mixed feelings about it. Most of us being long-time MMO players we believe that you're either committed to a guild or not. If some issues or problems arise in a guild you work them out, not jump to another guild to avoid them. I understand some of the benefits, but I don't think many people in our guild will use it.

We ended up making two ranks because of the multi-guild feature. A rank for full dedicated members and a "Friend/ally" rank for multi-guild members. Multi-guild members will have limited permissions and access compared to full members, but can still join us from time to time for events.
Caitwn
Nordvegr

re: Joining Multiple Guilds

I know I am quiet on these forums, but I'm also working hard to locate old DAOC and Warhammer friends and get them referred to this site so that we can have a good foundation of relics with a genuine appreciation for team play in GW2!

As quite a few of these players have maintained ties with their former guilds (even if active contact has dwindled to a handful of guildmates), one question I hear a lot is about the fact that you can join multiple guilds in GW2. I think they are hoping that they can maintain their DAOC guild tag, even if it represents only a few players, and simultaneously be part of a larger and more active guild.

I just wanted to post here to describe my experience with this feature so that those interested may better be able to decide if it appeals to them. I'll be frank and say that the multi-guild feature does not appear to be as flexible as I think some hope. My big caveat, of course, is that I don't know whether some of these features will change upon release.

Yes, you are able to join multiple guilds. These are tied to your account, not to the individual characters on your account. You select one guild to represent, and all points you acquire through WvW or any other activity will go to the guild you are actively representing. There is no timer or other penalty associated with switching guild representation.

There does not seem to be anything like an alliance chat channel that you can use to communicate simultaneously with the guild you are actively representing as well as your main guild (someone correct me if I am wrong here; I may have just missed this). You can't see or participate in guild chat for any guild other than the one you are representing.

I'm going to guess that most players will prefer to represent their primary guild when engaged in WvW.

While this feature may have broader uses I am not picking up on, so far it's strengthened my impression that rather than splinter momentum and effort between many very small guilds, we'll likely do better to try and combine efforts under just a few guild tags.

I hope this helps clarify a couple of the questions I have gotten about this feature. As mentioned, I may well have missed other details about it so would welcome correction or additional input.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GW2 Relics Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: