This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GW2 Relics Forum Index -> Guild & Player Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyrcilFP
Furious Pantaloons

re: Furious Pantaloons

Well met Caitwn!

I completely agree on both points. I think if the option had been present early on, there would have been more interest in Sanctum of Rall. I know two people in real-life that have been members of Gaiscioch for years and I hear nothing but good things; it's why their retention is so high.

But that being said, assuming GW2 Relics can successfully rally the listed banners, our host will be a force to reckon with whenever it is encountered on the field.

"Who could ever calculate the path of a molecule? How do we know that the creations of worlds are not determined by falling grains of sand?"
~ Victor Hugo
Caitwn
Nordvegr

Welcome! I remember your guild tag (in a good way!) from DAOC and WAR.

I too was really tempted by the Sanctum of Rall and the wonderful folks in Gaiscioch. I do wish that ArenaNet had named the server before so much energy and organizing had coalesced around Jade Quarry, as I think a lot of us would have supported Sanctum of Rall.

But shifting focus at this late date would be sort of like trying to turn the Titanic, and would risk the new and therefore somewhat fragile links that are being forged between individuals and guilds as we begin to build what I hope will be a great WvW community. I wish Gaiscioch the very best -- they will set a great example of what a guild community can be, and will be a force to be reckoned with.

And on whichever server the Relics crew decides to descend upon, it'll be nice to see the 'loons tag again Happy
Anoman - PI
Phoenix Ignition

Well met!

I just realized that this is probably a better place for this...

Well met, all,

Just stopping by to quickly introduce myself. In my real-life, I go by Steve, but in my virtual life, I am Myrcil, Guild Leader of the Furious Pantaloons. I was made aware of this site by one of my Officers, Halianx, and I've been watching the movement take shape ever since.

The Furious Pantaloons brand goes back over a decade to 1999 in Everquest on Solusek Ro. I joined the Loons in March of that year as I recall, and I've been wearing the Loon tag above my head through Everquest, DAoC, Warhammer, Rift, and now on to GW2, having been Guild Leader in each of the latter three. Our initial inclination and server vote was motivated by the story behind Sanctum of Rall and the opportunity to honor the memory of a fallen peer who clearly lived up to the Loony ideals that we try to instill in all our members.

But since then, we've been conducting an internal poll, and it is pretty clear that our current membership (which includes people who remember the glory days of DAoC) is very much in favor of supporting the GW2 Relics movement and is looking forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with people who understand what RvR, sorry, WvW is all about. From everything I'm reading, it looks like Jade Quarry is the current favorite.

Speaking on behalf of our Guild, we're looking forward to making new memories in this new world.

"Who could ever calculate the path of a molecule? How do we know that the creations of worlds are not determined by falling grains of sand?"
~ Victor Hugo
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GW2 Relics Forum Index -> Guild & Player Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: