This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GW2 Relics Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahmrill
Nordvegr

re: What are you looking for in a server community.

The whole purpose of the site was to help people of the same history and interests get on the same server for Gw2. But what is it that's important to you?

Top of my list is respect and communication between everyone. I don't like drama, and I don't like people who flip out on other people. I'm hoping whatever server our guild lands on will have mature like-minded people who genuinely want to work together.
Aleister Malefic
Opposition

That's part of why we decided to bring Opposition here. Given the age of DAoC it's a pretty reasonable assumption that most people that played it are older, more mature gamers. There use to be some really great communities in DAoC, hopefully we can build the same here.
NargofWoV
Nordvegr

Yes, if by old you mean fat, bald, and toothless, then I'm all in!

Narg Warhammer-Retired
Narg Aion-Retired
Narg Rift-Retired
Narg GW2-soon
Norseman1

Yeah as I posted about over on Guru, I think people are missing the point when they talk about old DAoC folks getting together under the idea of owning in WvW (and this seems to be many of them).

I see it more as community. We have a more mature player base due to age and also people who understand about caring for "the realm".

There are lots of talented gamers out there without a DAoC pedigree who will catch us or surpass us in WvW. Frankly some of the PvP guilds are likely more hard core than we are.

I see, for us, a nice mix of community, common background, old friends, knowledge and wisdom in WvW, a bit of server pride, and a mostly WoW free /region chat Happy
Dankus of Midgard Perc
Freelance/no Guild

Late to this party, I know, but I agree. Being the greatest in WvW is not why I'm excited to play GW2 nor is it why I'm excited to find the DAoC community. I'm too old, have a family, and have to spend more time at work rather than reading forums to perfect my class and abilities. I loved PvP in DAoC and I wanted to be good, but more than that, I was part of a special community on Mid Perc. Many of the people I played with back then I still talk with to this day.

Do I want to do well in PvP, yeah, and with our experience I know we will. But, I can't spend the 7 hours a day like I did back in DAoC to be that good. Basically, I like what Norseman1 said...

Community, common background, old friends....that's what I am here for.

All that being said...I can't wait to roll over the WoW players that come here with no real clue on what true PvP is... twisted
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GW2 Relics Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: